Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Unit 3- continued (pigs can't fly)

 So lets say I have this little tea cup piglet, and I decide to throw it up in the air for fun. The pig will accelerate from the moment it is in the air, then it will stop for an instant at the very height of its motion, and then it will accelerate until it reaches my hand again.
Although the pig begins by moving in an upward motion, the pig is actually accelerating down the entire time it is in the air.

Because if the pig did accelerate upwards, against gravity, it would not stop moving. It would crash through the ceiling and who knows where he'll end up.....



2 comments:

  1. Very creative, did you draw this? Your picture paired with your clear explanation makes it very easy to understand acceleration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture was awesome! I think that this is the funniest yet most informational picture/diagram I have ever seen! Thanks for the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete