Thursday, June 27, 2013

1st semester reflection

Within the past 3 weeks or so, I feel like I have done more school work than I do during the regular school year (aha), but I have learned quite a lot! The thing that I really like about physics is the fact that it is all applied math, and it's all pretty useful information. For example, we learned a lot about the differences between the distance vs. time and velocity vs. time graphs, which pretty much apply to anything you could think of in life (something that has motion). We also learned about ideas such as free falling objects and how the velocity changes while it travels in the air (fast, slow, stop, slow, fast) due to the gravitational force of 9.81 m/s. I also really got to learn the metric system. I remember learning it in chemistry, but I had a hard time concentrating so I never really learned it even though it was all very simple. I enjoy the fact that I can look around every day of my life and understand the world a little better. I tend to think in a "physics" mind set right after I get out of class, it's a good feeling to understand things.
 The fact that each day is equivalent to about one week definitely motivates me to do well in class and pay attention and ask lots of questions. Honestly, if I took this class over the regular school I would have done very poorly and would have came out of the class with little knowledge.  THe biggest challenge for me in this class is all of the math. Although I am not terrible at math, I am definitely not good at it, and things can get confusing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment