Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Unit 1

-->



I took a photo of my germinating plants as a representation of a direct relationship, which is one of the five graphs we covered in this unit. Although I don't have exact measurements, I can assume that my plants are growing everyday (almost) proportionally. As time goes on, my plants will grow taller in height until they reach a maximum point, which would conclude its direct relationship between time and its height. If I were to make a graph, x would be time measured in days, and y would be the height of the plant measured in centimeters. There would be many variables that could affect this relationship, (ex: wind, rain, insufficient sunlight, bugs, animals, etc) but assuming that the plant is in a well-controlled environment, the image below is what the graph should look like:


2 comments:

  1. First of all, beautiful photography as always. Second, awesome graph. Clear correlation between the time and plant height. Perhaps your should start at zero rather than one for your x values though. On a side note, you should've said something about how the plant is xcm and x*10^2mm and so on to show that you can use scientific notation and dimensional analysis. Overall nice post though! I can see aesthetics matter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your approach to this blogpost. Very relevant to everyday life. Jonas basically said exactly what I was thinking... the graph is very clear and makes sense. I hope your plants continue to grow at the rate it is now! (: haha

    ReplyDelete