Friday, July 19, 2013

The eeennnd !! ! (or the beginning?)

What is physics? It is the study of EVERYTHING from the universe, to light, to sound, to the mechanics of the human body, to motion. Physics incorporates big ideas from the other branches of science: chemistry and biology, and then explains why and how things are the way they are in our world/universe. It's all very fascinating indeed !!
I enjoyed the class a lot more than I thought I would because I feel like I learned a good amount of basic physic ideas. I usually have a hard time with all this type of material (with the equations and logic stuff), but because this was my only focus (for school), I was able to understand and keep up. I remember taking astronomy and asking basic physics questions, to which my teacher would tell me to "take physics!" if I was so interested. Although I'm usually not that interested in math, because it was all applied, and had meaning behind all the equations, it was all very fascinating, which made me actually want to learn.
My favorite part of the whole 6 weeks was definitely this past week when we covered light. I really wish we could go further into it, but I understand that 6 weeks would not be enough time to go any further. Because I now know the basic ideas of physics, I would like to learn more about other concepts such as the theory of relativity (and the speed of light), and more about how light works, and much more !
Overall I'm glad i took 6 weeks out of my summer to learn ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment